The Australasian Center for French Research (ACIS) is welcoming programs for up to three grants worth A$6,000 each to provide postgrad learners at an Australia or New Zealand school with to be able to work on a research study in France in 2018.
An offshoot of a banking institution based in the Veneto region, the Cassamarca Foundation was officially established in 1992 in Treviso (Italy). As a philanthropic organization, the Foundation operates and provides assistance in a number of fields, including scientific research, the preservation of the environment, health, education, the arts and culture in general, emigration and immigration.
Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue postgraduate research.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded for research projects in any of the following areas of Italian Studies: archaeology and classical antiquities, language, literature, culture, history, politics and society, including migration studies. For one of the awards, the Dino De Poli Scholarship which honors the President of the Cassamarca Foundation, preference may be given to applications for research on any aspect of the culture, history, and society of North East Italy.
Scholarship Award: Scholarships worth A$6,000 each will be awarded.
Number of Scholarships: Up to three fellowships are available.
Scholarship can be taken in Italy
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
The scholarships are available to students who in 2018 will be enrolled, full-time or part-time, in Master by research or PhD degrees in a university in Australia or New Zealand and who will be engaged in research projects in any of the following areas of Italian Studies: archaeology and classical antiquities, language, literature, culture, history, politics and society, including migration studies.
Successful applicants will be expected to spend at least two months in Italy on research. The award must be taken up before 1 December 2018.
- Applicants must be citizens or permanent residents of Australia or New Zealand
- Applicants must already have knowledge of Italian adequate for their research purposes. Scholarships will not be awarded to attend language courses in Italy.
- An ACIS Cassamarca scholarship may not be held concurrently with an Italian Government scholarship.
- Tertiary academic staffs are not eligible to apply.
Nationality: Citizens or permanent residents of Australia or New Zealand are eligible to apply for this scholarship program.
How to Apply: Applications in Word or PDF format must be submitted as email attachments directly to the Chair of the Committee, Dr. Brigid Maher, at this address: b.maher-at-latrobe.edu.au.
Applications must contain the following materials:
- A short cover letter including the details of an academic referee (see ‘Referee report’ below) and any other sources of income (postgraduate scholarship, Italian Government scholarship, grants, awards or financial assistance from any source) obtained or under consideration for 2018 in relation to the research;
- A research proposal, including its title, detailing the work to be carried out including timetable and budget for the use of the $6000 and, if appropriate, indication of attachment to a scholarly institution in Italy;
- A curriculum vitae;
- An official transcript of academic results.
Application Deadline: The closing date for applications is Sunday, October 15, 2017.