The Ben-Gurion School of the Negev is introducing its Postdoctoral Fellowships for Researchers from around the globe for the 2018-2019 educational season. Applicants should first choose a subject appealing and recognize a potential manager.
The aim of the fellowship is to advance the fellow and to train him/her as a researcher either in or out of academia.
The Ben-Gurion University of the Negev is one of Israel’s leading research universities and among the world leaders in many fields. The University ranked 46th in the world rankings of universities with sustainable policies and operates programs to promote awareness of environmental protection, a reduction in the use of resources, energy efficiency, promotion of research and wide-ranging educational and community activities.
Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue postdoctoral programme.
Study Subject: Postdoctoral positions are available for scholars performing research in topics related to drylands, including desert ecology, solar energy, environmental physics, architecture and urban planning, rainfed and irrigated agriculture, hydrology, aquaculture, environmental microbiology, desalination and water treatment, and biotechnology.
Scholarship Award: The amounts of the fellowships awarded by and through the BCSC and the arrangements for their payment shall be determined by the BCSC Administration and shall be reviewed periodically. The current amount of the monthly fellowship is the following: NIS 5142 (paid by the BCSC) and NIS 2571 (paid by the host). The amount of the prestigious Blaustein Fellowship is currently set at NIS 8741 per month. The fellowship is granted for one academic year. The Committee will decide whether to recommend granting the fellowship for an additional academic year, based on the fellow’s activity and achievements during the first year.
Number of Scholarships: Not Known
Scholarship can be taken in Israel
Eligibility: Candidates should contact a prospective supervisor to develop a research program with him/her before applying for the BCSC postdoctoral fellowship.
- Fellowships are awarded on a competitive basis to candidates who received their PhD degree within the last five years from the start date of the postdoctoral position.
- The program is open to scientists from all over the world.
- The current value of a yearly BCSC fellowship is approximate $25,000 USD (paid in NIS (Israeli currency)). Housing costs are not included.
- Exceptional candidates may be awarded the prestigious Jacob Blaustein Fellowship, which includes a yearly fellowship of approximately $27,000 USD (paid in NIS (Israeli currency)), a round-trip air ticket, and complimentary lodging at the BIDR’s student/scholar housing unit. All applicants are automatically considered for this fellowship and no additional material is required to apply.
- The deadline for applications is March 4, 2018, and applicants will be notified of the BCSC Steering Committee’s decision in May 2017.
- Fellowships are not available to those who received their PhD at BGU.
Nationality: The program is open to scientists from all over the world.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Fellowships are awarded on a competitive basis to candidates who received their PhD degree within the last five years from the start date of the postdoctoral position.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Scholarships in Israel
How to Apply: Applicants must follow the instructions in order to apply:
- You must complete the application form
- You must send copies of your undergraduate and graduate degree diplomas and grade transcripts, as PDF or Word attachments, to the BCSC office, by email to inter-at-bgu.ac.il
- 3 reference letters, your referees should be faculty members who have taught and/or worked with you. One of the referees should be your dissertation advisor. Ideally, another referee should be a scientist who is familiar with your work but is from a university other than your own. Please instruct your referees that their reference letters should be sent directly to the BCSC office, as a PDF or Word with the institute’s letterhead and signature Attachment at inter-at-bgu.ac.il
Application Deadline: Fellowship application deadline is March 4, 2018.