UCT Graduate student student student the University of Company provides Bertha Middle Allows for looking for MBA (both full-time and the convert programme), the MPhil in Extensive Development, and PhD applications. Applicants must be South east African-American or African-American individuals or must have been a long lasting citizen in South east African-American or an African-American nation for at least one season before to applying.
GSB strengthens its commitment to transformation and equality and UCT’s strategic goal to address key development challenges facing Africa.
The Graduate School of Business is the business school of the University of Cape Town, South Africa’s oldest university.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing MBA (both full-time and the modular programme), the MPhil in Inclusive Innovation, and PhD programmes.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
Scholarship Award: The Bertha Centre Scholarship covers full or partial costs of a wide variety of programmes at the UCT Graduate School of Business. These include the MBA (both full-time and the modular programme), the MPhil in Inclusive Innovation, and PhD programmes. The scholarship caters for candidates* committed to advancing social justice and pioneering inclusive opportunities through social innovation and entrepreneurship.
Scholarship can be taken in: South Africa
Eligibility: If you are an African citizen (or a South African permanent resident for at least one year.) If you have:
- Started or worked with a social/green/entrepreneurial innovative idea that seeks social or economic change; or
- If you have worked on advancing social justice and pioneering inclusive opportunities through social innovation within an organisation for at least one year.
Experience in these fields would be preferable, as well as a track record of action exploring or initiating innovative approaches in these sectors. If you can demonstrate strong leadership qualities within your field. Finally, you must demonstrate some level of financial need for the scholarship*.
Nationality: Candidates must be South African or African citizens or must have been a permanent resident in South Africa or an African country for at least one year prior to applying.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have previous degree.
How to Apply: You must first be eligible, comply with and apply for the MBA or MPhil programmes entrance requirements at the UCT Graduate School of Business. You would then submit the Bertha Centre Scholarship Application Form which should include:
- Your UCT GSB application number received from the GSB Admissions Office
- Your contact details and your CV uploaded
- Your answers to the three essay questions, which shows how the degree programme at this stage in your career will help to accelerate impact in your area of work/interest and how it will contribute to society as a whole.
- Your short [no longer than four minute] video.
Application Deadline: Scholarship applications close October 31, 2017.