University of Queensland (UQ) is announcing its Scholarship for Master of Leadership in Global Development to students who are in financial hardship. International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship program.
The purpose of the scholarship is to encourage and support international students from low to middle-income countries with demonstrated frontline experience of working on development projects.
The University of Queensland (UQ) is a research university primarily located in Queensland’s capital city, Brisbane. As one of Australia’s leading universities, UQ is consistently ranked first for business administration, mining engineering and life sciences in Australasia.UQ also admits the majority of its state’s top achievers.
Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Course Level: Scholarship is available to pursue Postgraduate programme.
Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded to pursue Master of Leadership in Global Development.
Scholarship Award: The value of the scholarship is $36,688 (indexed annually) to cover either
- Scholarship A) full tuition fees for the MLGD program for the year for which it is held OR
- Scholarship B) a Living Allowance, Visa application fees, a Travel & Establishment grant, Standard Overseas Student Health (OSHC) cover and the UQ Student Services Amenities Fee (SSAF)
Number of Scholarships: One
Scholarship can be taken in Australia
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
An applicant is eligible for the scholarship if the applicant –
- Submits an application to the Head, by the closing date for applications; and
- Is an international student within the meaning of the Fee Rules; and
- Has an existing application with UQ for the MLGD and meets all entry requirements for the program – conditional on earning the Micro Masters® credential.
Nationality: International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship program.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have their previous degree.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: Successful applicants will be notified in October, conditional upon receipt of an unconditional offer of admission to the MLGD program.
Applicants must complete an application form and submit this to issr-at-uq.edu.au by the closing date.
Before you apply:
- You are encouraged to read the definitive rules for this scholarship prior to application, in particular, any specific eligibility conditions and check the FAQs if you have any questions.
The MLGD International Scholarship
Download application form:
THE MLGD International Scholarship Application Form
Application Deadline: Scholarship application deadline is September 1, 2017.